Eye Healthy Ramen Chicken Salad
A satisfying, eye healthy salad recipe that’s perfect for any occasion! It’s loaded with Vitamin A, E, among many other eye healthy nutrients and finished with a perfectly seasoned dressing.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts , cooked and shredded or chopped
- 2(3 oz) packages dry ramen
- 3/4cup sliced almonds
- 5cups shredded green cabbage (12 oz, chop into thin shreds)*
- 2cups shredded purple cabbage (5 oz, chop into thin shreds)
- 1large carrot peeled and sliced into thin strips (3/4 cup)
*If desired you can also use a 16 oz coleslaw mix in place of the cabbages and carrot.
- 4green onions , sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2cup vegetable oil or similar option choice
- 1/4cup + 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- Ramen flavor packet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Crumble ramen into small pieces and place on baking sheet along with almonds, spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven until golden, tossing once halfway through baking, about 6 – 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well blended while seasoning with salt to taste, set aside.
- To a large bowl add green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, green onions, chicken, toasted ramen and almonds and sesame seeds. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to evenly coat. Serve right away for crunchiest results.